Monday 28 September 2015

How I met the man!!!

marriage
It all started 2 years ago, that is after I complete 1 year of working and earning as an individual. I had strictly told my parents not to search a groom for me till I complete 1 year of my career. They kept their word and now it was my turn. So, I had to tell yes to start seeing guys for marriage.
Why arranged marriage, first reason obviously I did not have any boyfriend or serious relationship. Second reason, I do not trust my decisions. Third and most important I had seen my parents happily married for 30 years .Theirs was an arranged marriage. It’s not only them, my relatives, my close cousins most of them had arranged marriage and all of them were happy .They all seemed they were made for each other. I had decided mine will be an arranged marriage. I hadn’t to take any tension because it was my parent’s trouble to find the guy.
My work seemed quite easy, go meet the guy and let my parents know if I like him. But it wasn’t really that easy. It was my decision that finally matters was what my parents had told me. So the hunt began, like what happens in every other arranged marriages, get ready traditionally (u know what I mean saree, bindi, flowers etc.), visit the guy’s home, smile, greet them, talk softly, be good, and take his parents blessings. This is what happens in all first meets of arranged marriage.
The biggest question going on in my mind was how will I know which guy Is good for me ?which family is good ?How can I decide who my life partner will be in just one meet? Trust me it’s the most difficult decision of your life. I guess everyone in an arranged marriage goes through this.
The guy I finally married was not the first few guys I met for marriage. But when I went to meet him, I remember I went with my brother, it was a different feeling. Different atmosphere unlike the others. He was sitting on a sofa diagonally opposite to me, I felt like I knew him before. My mind knew it is the first time I am seeing him’ but my heart felt a connection. Interaction with his parents also did not seem new either. My brother who is actually a silent person, that day spoke so much; I myself had not heard him speak that much in my entire life. I felt I belong here like the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle .It’s an instinct that comes to you; you get a positive feeling about everything around you. You do not have reasons why you finally say yes but it just comes from within. You feel happy, you indeed feel blessed. You get a feeling like this is it, this is where you belong. May be this is why people say marriages are made in heaven.
It’s almost a year now I am married, I am happy just like my parents are :-) (may be even more)The feelings that came from nowhere on that day for a stranger seem so right today. I sit back and think how it was so easy to take such a difficult decision. Believe in your instinct is what I want to convey. It always works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment