Thursday 14 July 2022

Soul Sisters

Seems like I am on a writing spree these days, otherwise I usually keep looking for topics and end up writing nothing. As much as I enjoy writing, it is sometimes difficult to figure out what to write about. I have been wanting to write about this particular topic from a long time but was not getting the flow of it. Now my thoughts are aligned and I am writing with great joy,  I hope you as a reader also enjoy reading it as much.

Where do I start? Who are soul sisters anyway? Google says "a woman whose thoughts, feelings, and attitudes closely match those of another; a kindred spirit.and that's exactly how I would define my soul sisters. I have two amazing soul sisters in my life, one is my sister-in-law (my brother's wife) who I will address as SIL in short and other is my co-sister (my husband's brother's wife) in short COSIS.

My SIL is born on same day, same month just a year after I was born. we share the same (rashi)zodiac sign and our (nakshatra)stars are same. We even share the same nickname at home. She got married to my brother exactly a year after my marriage. So, it was more like she was my replacement in my maika (mom's home). I call this destiny. we connected instantly and we are so alike in everything may it be thinking, behaviour, attitude, dressing, taste in food, even the TV shows and web series interests are alike; anything and everything our wavelengths match. whenever I am in doubt about myself, she is first one I reach out to. She is always there to guide me, support me, nurture me, and encourage me. She has constantly helped me take the right decisions about smaller and bigger things in life.


My COSIS is my best friend. I am not sure if we were destined to be soul sisters, but we made it happen. We are not alike, our thinking does not match, we did not connect well initially, we had a rocky start in our relationship. Now when I am writing about it, I am so glad all that happened. How else would have I found my best friend for life. We have gone through so much as co-sisters and all this has only made us stronger, closer, and inseparable. Now we are partners in crime, shopping buddies, moral boosters, crying shoulders, laughing ladies and what not. She is fun, fierce, transparent, lives in the moment, she is my style guru (If I look good in any of the pictures, all credits to her) and best of all she is always there for me. 

Something in common about both, they are both like my sisters from different mothers. I never feel lonely, never felt the need of a sister, they have my back no matter what. We motivate each other at all times. we are fitness enthusiasts(whatever little we do). I am truly blessed to have them in my life. The way they care for my daughter, it’s truly unbelievable. They stand as a rock for her, and she is so attached to them. She shares a special bond with them, I even get jealous of their bonding sometimes. What more can I ask for?

In general, to everyone who is reading this, if you have sister-in-law, co-sister or even friends/ neighbours and things are not right, just resolve them. Life is too short to keep grudges. Mend those fences and if you are lucky as I am, maybe you too will find your soul sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment