Monday 28 September 2015

Housewife or a Working Mom ???

Recently while going through the Watsapp profile of my contacts, I came across my close friend's DP which had the following display.
housefwife
After reading it, I remembered I had gone through the same feelings few months ago when I was going to have a baby. At that moment I realized my friend also is pregnant. I guess every working woman goes through this phase at least once in her lifetime. Its a very difficult decision to make whether to continue to work after becoming a mother.
It's the matter of each individuals choice,situations,priorities,needs and the support system at home.Life is not the same after having a baby. You have to keep so many things in mind before deciding what you want to do. At one moment you have a feeling, you are blessed with a child and all you want to do is take care of the baby and be a complete mother and give your 100% to the kid. On the other hand, you get the feeling of what about you as a person, what about your career, what about your dreams and what about your freedom.
In the past, man was responsible for all the financial matters and expenses, and woman for the raising of the children and all the housework. But society has changed and along with it the family structure too. Nowadays with the rising cost of living, we as a wife and mother need to support the family. Not only that, the hard work you have put into getting your education is going to be rewarded.You are gonna have a life for yourself too. When you are earning, you will feel proud, confident, secure and independent.
We are capable of doing more than just ordinary household chores. We give our husbands and children their own space and freedom.We are capable of running the house by ourselves.Our children need to know that women can be powerful and aspire to good careers, and also be a good mother. Their mother is the example they will see the most and will learn from an early age.
Yes, of course you will be missing your kid, you are gonna feel bad that your child is not getting your full attention and time. But at the same time if you think about your life after your child grows up and starts going to school,college and gonna have life of their own and they won't need your support anymore. Then it will be very late for you to start working again because you will have got used to being at home. Starting your career from the scratch is going to be really difficult.
I took the hard decision of being a working mother, I leave my kid at home with my MIL and go to work. I don't have to worry about the safety of my child as she is at home and she is with her grandmother. I miss out on so many of her first of things, when she crawled for the first time or when she uttered her first words I wasn't there to cherish it, but when she repeats them in front of me, I consider that was her first time. I miss on her day to day activities, I feel bad but I know all these sacrifices are for her, for her future. I am being pillar to support her happiness, well being, education, future etc.
I cannot say I am very happy being a working mother but there is a sense of accomplishment. My mother being a housewife always kept telling how she wished she had studied more and been a Working Mom. Now I know what she meant :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment