Monday 28 September 2015

Being the plus size ++

fat1
I was plumper kid in school, I remember everyone pulling my cheeks and saying 'kitni golu molu hai.' I kinda felt good that time.I thought people liked it and its a good thing being golu molu. I see the pics today I feel I really looked cute with all the chubby cheeks :-) I was not all that fat literally just a lil over weight.
As the days passed and I reached high school, this was the time I put on a lot of weight. The guys in the class would make fun of me being hefty. They called me elephant, hippo, called me names of some WWF players etc. I din like it. I felt deeply hurt. I didn't know what to do about it. What was my fault in being fat and what is there to make fun if someone is fat. I used to ask these questions to my mom with moist eyes :-( She used to console me by saying, "As you grow up and start going to college you will have to study more, you will loose weight and you are gonna look very pretty". I believed in her and ignored all the teasing. I was a bright student, concentrated on my studies and did very well in all the exams.
College days started and I wasn't becoming any lean, instead put on more.Hardly bothered about how I looked  and this weight concern was not on my mind at all as I was completely involved in my studies. During Engineering, it somehow happened that all my friends were also fat and great foodies. We all just loved eating out. I was so busy having fun in all four years of engineering, loosing weight was far from reality.
The real story of my blog title starts only after I came to Bangalore five years ago. I was astonished to see so many pretty girls walking around in pretty clothes in all parts of the city. I too wanted to be one of them.The desire to become thin hit my minds and as i told you i believed in my mom's words, I thought I am gonna look pretty if i loose weight. I enrolled to gym the very next day and the no chocolate,no sweets story started. I started watching my weight everyday, strict diet, no eating out, no pizzas, just fruits and vegetables. I could see the results and compliments I received from everyone kept me going. I was inspired to continue to loose more weight.
Yes, I lost around 18 kilos. I knew I looked great. I could wear any dress and pull it off well. I fell in love with myself. Its a great feeling to hear 'You look beautiful' from different people on every single day. I got married during this phase, I looked awesome that day and our marriage album has my pictures when i looked my best in my entire lifetime :-)
After marriage, during pregnancy and delivery I gained all the weight that I had shed two years ago. I have lost the pregnancy weight but I do not wish to loose more. I know I can do it again with my previous experience but something stops from doing that.
Here I stand today after one year of having a baby, fat and happy. Yes, you read it right I am happy being the plus size. I wear whatever I like, I eat what I feel like eating. I crack jokes on myself being fat. I have been both fat and thin, and I have come to conclusion, you don't have to either fat or thin to look good. Its what you are within that matters. I have realized a greatest truth, the more beautiful you feel inside, the more gorgeous you appear.
Fatness does not presume sadness, Happiness does not require thinness :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha : ) I was eager to read if u mentioned being called Hippo in school. :P . I remember me calling u hippo but it was all in good humour and never to hurt u bhagi.. Anyways I am sorry coz now i know it hurt u then. But as u said being beautiful is irrelevant of being thin or fat and you have always been beautiful. Stay calm and enjoy being fat. :)

    ReplyDelete