Monday 28 September 2015

College Friends:-)

friends2
Recently when I was at a restaurant with my husband I noticed a group of girls on the next table. They were very loud, just so busy in their own world they hardly bothered about others in the restaurant. It was annoying for the other customers. I also was irritated; I could not have a conversation with my husband. But then I felt this was a familiar situation and I have gone through this before. But just that I was in the other part of the group making noise with my group of girls from college few years ago. I started recollecting my college days and started telling my husband all the stories. Then I thought I should write about my college memories and that is how I started writing this blog.
I do not know where to start from. Let me just start from the very beginning, first day of engineering. As I remember some were friends from school, some from Pre University, and some from tuition and some neighbors. We got introduced from one another and in no time we were a group. We all would gather in the parking lot before entering the college and made it a custom to enter the classroom together. Even though we belonged to different branches of Engineering, in the first year we were all put in one cycle and that’s how we were in same class. As the time passed in the first year we all got more close, sitting next to each other in lectures, having lunch together in college, waiting for everyone to leave the college at same time in the evening, visiting places in the city, watching movies at the theaters, watching movies at each other’s home, having chats on the roadside; all this deepened our friendship even more.
We had lots of fun attending the classes as well as bunking them. I remember we were scolded for talking during the class and given punishments too for disturbing the class, I can also remember trying hard to concentrate in a strict lecturer’s class and looking at each other and laughing for no reason and getting caught. Sitting in the lawn and watching the lecturers walk whose class we just missed and hoping they don’t look at us.Ah what a fun!!!
Writing the boring journals and assignments together or copying it from a somebody’s journal that had already completed it. The internals and exams cannot be forgotten; planning to meet for combined studies where we hardly studied. While studying at home, calling each other at odd times in the night just to know how much the other person had studied. After the exams discussing the answers with everyone to know how all have performed. After practical viva of a friend finding out how the external is and what sort of questions were being asked. After everyone had completed the exams plan for a party which just meant spending whole day together just having fun.
Getting ragged in the first year and then ragging juniors for the next three years. Attending the fresher party, farewell party, annual day functions and college fests is really memorable. Trying to look your best and capturing the moments with each other was so much fun. Teasing each other with some random guys from college was so crazy. Fights among friends for silly reasons were a common problem, and then patching up as if we never had a fight and party after the patch up.
Things have changed now; everyone has got busy in their own world. Most of my friends are now engaged, married and have children. Time has changed, we hardly meet but there was a time when we could not live without meeting each other for more than a day. What brings that change??? May be it’s because we have got our respective life partners to share our lives with or the commitment we have towards are family and job, whatever may be the reason the truth is we hardly find time to keep in touch. But deep inside everyone is aware they miss their friends. I would say we all should make time for friends once in a while in our busy schedule. Relive our college days, go back in time and cherish all that we had which we still have but think we have lost it. Like you miss your friends sure they also do, so have reunions whenever possible, take a break from your routine and have some fun with your old pals :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment