Monday 4 July 2022

My daughter & me : Part -1

As I kept thinking of the topic for my next blog, it came to my mind why not write about my daughter and me. Every day we have some fun moments, some not so fun moments and some moments worth sharing. I am going to write them as series, my first attempt in writing something like this. I hope you like it and let's see how it goes... Fingers crossed…🀞

For the Part -1, I am going to write about a recent incident or should I call it a realization for myself... read on to know moreπŸ’—

After the COVID hit and the concept of online school started, we parents got over involved. We started involving in each and every detail of their class, teachers, subjects and even chapters. I made her sit beside me during the entire online classes (while I myself would be working as well)  so that I can follow and make her do the necessary homework or activities etc. This whole thing grew on me and I was experiencing my own re-schooling through her, which was a disaster... πŸ˜– believe me. I panicked when she didn't know an answer or wrote a spelling wrong. I mean poor thing, she herself was going through a tough time in adjusting to the online classes and I was being paranoid about every minute matter. I wanted her to do the best in every damn task. She is a very obedient kid and looks up to me for everything. She was trying her best to be what I wanted her to be. After certain point in time, it became more about me than her. One whole year passed like this.

It was during the second year of pandemic, it hit me that I was being rather stupid πŸ˜„. I wanted her to be perfect and be a perfect mother. What is the definition of perfect anyway was the question? Was it being the best in school? best in everything you do? Absolutely not!  No one is perfect and nothing is perfect. Thank God πŸ™ I realised this mid-way and changed a lot of things. I let her do mistakes for once, I let her be herself and discover what she likes to do the most. I stopped pressurising her for any school related activities to only find out that she did even better without my intervention. It felt so good, and I was also relieved from all the unnecessary stress I was going through. I started concentrating more on her well-being, we started playing a new sport, spent more quality time with each other (just chitchatting), started doing more fun stuff together. We travelled more often, and I learnt something about her during this course. She loves travelling, she likes to explore things, she is a foodie (just like me) and has great interest in nature and wildlife πŸšŒπŸš—πŸŒ³πŸŒ„πŸŒ»πŸ˜πŸ‚πŸ πŸ€πŸ¦πŸͺπŸ΄πŸ‡πŸ’š. 

I am so glad that the normal schools have started now, the kids are excited, teachers are happy and parents are at ease. Anyways the best thing I realised through all this is she can do anything to make me happy, may it be practicing English spellings hundred times, solving Math problems fifty times, or reciting a song/poem whether she likes it or not. she will do it all. Now it’s up to me whether I let her follow the mundane life or let her be the explorer that she is and I have decided on the latter of course. I am lucky to have the best daughter in the world 😍! Few spellings... yeah, she will pick them later in life πŸ‘


6 comments:

  1. Woaah….now that’s a lesson for me !! Good one Gouri 😍😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thank you... May I know who is this please

      Delete
  2. Nicelywritten. Every parent / mother goes through this.

    ReplyDelete